May 11, 2016
In today's episode, host Marc Clair is joined by George Phillies. George has been involved in Libertarian Party politics for several decades, was a former Libertarian Party candidate for President, and has written four books on Libertarian Party politics and funding, Surely We Can Do Better?
, which examines the finances and spending of the 2012 Gary Johnson and 2008 Bob Barr Presidential campaigns. In this discussion we talk about:
- How George became a libertarian, and his background in Libertarian Party politics
- Why he believes delegates were misled about Gary Johnson's campaign finances prior to election him the Libertarian Party nominee in 2012
- The debt incurred by the Gary Johnson 2012 campaign
- How the Johnson campaign's battle with the FEC factors in and how it impacted the campaign's debt
- The real world effects of achieving milestones such as 15% in the polls and/or 5% of the vote
- What George would look for in a Libertarian Party presidential candidate
Enjoy this "inside baseball" with a true Libertarian Party insider!