Check out the show notes page at Lions of Liberty!
This episode of Felony Friday will have a little bit of a different flavor. Instead of interviewing an expert or analyzing felonies trending in the news this entire episode will be dedicated to analyzing President-elect Donald Trump's pick for Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. Sessions has been an extremely controversial pick. Liberals have called him a racist. Libertarians have voiced concerns with his stance on mass incarceration and the war on drugs. On this show we'll be getting to the core of whoe Jeff Sessions really is.
In order to discuss this very important topic Felony Friday host John Odermatt invited one of the most popular members of the Lions of Liberty crew to help to sort through stacks upon stacks of Jeff Sessions documents. This individual has most recently been a frequent contributor to the popular feature "Mr. Johnson's Libertyhood." He's a constant participant on Lions of Liberty round table discussions. He is the Lions of Liberty official legal counsel. That's right the one and only "Rico" helped to co-host this very important analysis of Donald Trump's pick for Attorney General.
Links to the issues we talked about on today's show:
- Jeff Sessions is accused of racist commetns during 1986 hearing for federal judgeship.
- During the same hearing Sessions was accused of saying that the Ku Klux Klan was “OK” until he learned they smoked marijuana.
- Is the next Attorney General coming for your weed?
- Pot Activists Get Jeff Sessions Staff Meeting After Insinuating They Would Stage Office Smoke-in
- Sessions claims President Obama is 'playing a dangerous game' with commutations of non-violent offenders
- Here's 8 ways Jeff Sessions could make the criminal justice system worse
- This pie chart provides a comprehensive snapshot of our correctional system
- Jeff Sessions could kill any chance at criminal justice reform
Submit any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to email@example.com. This show is not my soapbox, it is a vehicle to communicate and amplify the injustices rampant in the criminal justice system. We need your help to make it the best it can possibly be! If you like what you hear please share it with a friend and subscribe for free via iTunes (don’t forget to leave us a rating and review ) or the Stitcher Radio App
Join the conversation in our private Facebook Group: The Lions of Liberty Forum!