In this week's episode of Electric Libertyland, host Brian McWilliams gives his take on the Trumpian circle-jerk that was the 2017 Emmy Awards, and how politics and entertainment need to take a break from each other. He then turns towards more serious topics including the utter failure of the Federal Reserve's quantitative easing programs, the GOP's last-ditch effort to repeal Obamacare (kind of) with the Graham-Cassidy plan, the state of the 1st Amendment, new climate research and an idiotic idea in the UK to limit voting rights based on internet trolling.
On today's episode, Marc brings you a double dose of liberty with TWO interviews featuring TWO amazing liberty causes - that's right, it's a Liberty Double Feature! First, former Libertarian Party Presidential candidate Steve Kerbel pops in to tell us about his fight against government revenue generation via traffic fines with his "Stop the Shakedowns" ballot measure in Colorado! Then, Shaine Robbins of the Libertarian Party of Tennessee stops by to give us an update on everything that has been going on with the brave individuals who formed the Libertarian Party of Cuba, how they are being oppressed and what U.S. libertarians can do to to help!
Today's sponsor: MartinArmory.com - Use Discount Code "LIONS" at checkout for FREE SHIPPING!
On today’s rooty-tooty fresh and fruity episode of Electric Libertyland, host Brian McWilliams talks a little bit about Supreme Court nominee Gorsuch and the Democrat opposition, a massive tax increase on cigs in LA and #LibrariesResist before bringing in a fantastic libertarian writer, comedian and producer for “We the Internet TV,” Lou Perez.
Lou (who has opened for the one and only Ron Paul three times) and Brian discuss topics including: the left’s newfound opposition to war, Trump’s expansion of executive war powers, Russian terrorist bombings, armed Police drones, a programmer being arrested by the FBI for creating a software used by hackers despite he himself hacking nothing, and wrap it up with a quick session of Rand “Pauluses and Minuses.”
Full show notes at Lions of Liberty
On today's fantastic, new Electric Libertyland, host Brian McWilliams wakes up early to deliver the news of the day, which includes the dangers of inward-facing propaganda from the US government, Venezuela's ridiculous socialist failings that have led to new bread shortage, Rand Paul on John McCain, Donald Trump's flirtations with regime change, Seal Team Six training with South Korean military, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that police allowing a dog to maul an innocent man was legal, unregulated space tourism, and Judge Andrew Napolitano being pulled from Fox News over his wiretapping statements.
Boogie on down.
Show notes at http://www.lionsofliberty.com/ell12
In today's episode, host Marc Clair gathers a crew of Liberty Lions (one of which is broadcasting from...a library?) to knock back a few adult beverages and take a deep dive into the mailbag to answer some Letters of Liberty! Marc is joined by Felony Friday host John "Odie" Odermatt, "The Godfather" Howie Snowdon, and our resident legal man of mystery, "Rico."
So grab a drink, kick up your feet, and get Ready to ROAR!
For full show notes, head over to LionsOfLiberty.com/286.
In today's episode of Lions of Liberty, Marc welcomes Roger Stone back to the program to discuss his new book "The Making of the President 2016: How Donald Trump Orchestrated a Revolution." Roger Stone was one of the very first guests on the Lions of Liberty podcast, having first appeared way back in episode 11 to talk about his book "The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ." Today, Roger and Marc discuss the Trump campaign from Roger's perspective as a Trump insider.
In the show, you'll hear:
- Roger ROARS against the accusation that Donald Trump and members of his staff are secretly agents of the Russian government, and ponders why U.S. intelligence agencies are seeminly at war with President Trump.
- Roger describes the first time he met Donald Trump, and what qualities he exhibited in that first meeting that translated to Trump's ability to become President.
- Marc and Roger delve into how libertarians should perceive Trump: will his administration be a friend or foe to advocates for individual liberty?
- PLUS! Marc answers some more "Letters of Liberty" from listeners!
For full show notes, head over to LionsOfLiberty.com/285
On today's episode of Electric Libertyland, Brian McWilliams gives a little extra love to our listeners to make up for last week's shortened show, taking on a variety of topics solo before welcoming in Lions of Liberty's touted legal expert "Rico" to break down the puzzling and infuriating decision from the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, which ruled that "military style" weaponry may not be owned by private citizens.
Other topics on today's lineup include: the Day Without a Woman Strike and the terrorists behind it, the Oscars, CPAC, Jewish cemetery vandalism, Trump's speech to Congress, French whining about their democratic system, and the confusing state of affairs regarding state's rights and marijuana.
Full show notes at Lions of Liberty
On today's episode Felony Friday host John Odermatt is joined by fellow Lions of Liberty co-founder Marc Clair. Marc and John kick off the show by discussing Donald Trump's controversial immigration executive order. Next they touch on the horrible mosque shooting in Quebec and share a few oddities the media has reported about the circumstances of the shooting.
Links to everything we talked about:
- Mohamed Khadir’s Name Retracted by Police in Quebec City Shooting
- Louisiana Law Makes Resisting Arrest A Felony Hate Crime
- Former Felon With Restored Gun Rights Saved Trooper In Arizona Ambush
- Wyoming Senates Passes Bill That Makes Eluding Police A Felony
- Maine governor: No more welfare for those with drug felonies
You can find the show notes page >here<
Submit any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. This show is not my soapbox, it is a vehicle to communicate and amplify the injustices rampant in the criminal justice system. We need your help to make it the best it can possibly be! If you like what you hear please share it with a friend and subscribe for free via iTunes (don’t forget to leave us a rating and review ) or the Stitcher Radio App
Join the conversation in our private Facebook Group: The Lions of Liberty Forum!
In today's episode of Lions of Liberty, Marc welcomes in Michael Maharrey of the Tenth Amendment Center to revisit the issue of "states rights", which ignited heated debate after Nicholas Sarwark's comments on a recent episode of this program. In the show you'll hear:
In the show, you'll hear:
- How Mike first became interested in libertarian ideas, and how he unwittingly found himself working for the Tenth Amendment Center.
- Mike explains the mission of the Tenth Amendment Center and updates us on some of their recent activities.
- Mike makes the case for states rights within a libertarian frameowkr and within the U.S. Constitution, and why he disagrees with Sarwark's comments.
- PLUS!...Marc answers some more Letters of Liberty in another mailbag segment!
For full show notes, head over to LionsOfLibety.com/280
On today's episode, host Marc Clair welcomes in "Felony Friday" host John Odermatt and Lions of Liberty's favorite Frenchman, J.B. Lubin. The Lions' take a look at the most recent incident of "libertarian infighting", which arose after LP Chair Nicholas Sarwark made some critical comments of Ron Paul in an interview late last year. In the show, you'll hear discussed:
- Were Sarwark's comments blown out of proportion?
- Is the concept of "States' Rights" a philosophcially libertarian position?
- How quantifitable are Ron Paul's contributions to the Libertarian Party and the broader liberty movement?
- Is Marc a globalist shill?
- Plus! The gang tackles some "Letters of Liberty" in our mailbag segment!
For full show notes head over to Lions of Liberty!