Get the show notes for episode 041!
On today's episode of Felony Friday Regina Hufnagel is welcomed back onto the show. Regina is a member of the non-profit group Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP.) Regina left her career as a correctional officer after becoming frustrated with the system. Now she is working from the outside to initiate change in our broken criminal justice system.
Here's what we talked about:
- Regina explains how Canada amended their drug laws to allow for addicts to participate in a program that grants access to supervised doses of prescription heroin as a means to treat their addiction.
- We discussed Switzerland's heroin assisted treatment program, which Canada is using as a model for their program. The Swiss program has an incredible 80% success rate and you can read more about it in the link below.
- John and Regina talked about the DEA's move the make Kratom a Schedule I drug and the growing pro-marijuana shift occurring in the US. There was a disclaimer added at the beginning of the show that explained that the episode was recorded prior to the DEA's decision to halt making Kratom a Schedule I drug.
- Regulations Amending Certain Regulations Made Under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Diacetylmorphine versus Methadone for the Treatment of Opioid Addiction
- SWISS HEROIN-ASSISTED TREATMENT 1994- 2016: SUMMARY
Submit any questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to email@example.com. This show is not my soapbox, it is a vehicle to communicate and amplify the injustices rampant in the criminal justice system. We need your help to make it the best it can possibly be! If you like what you hear please share it with a friend and subscribe for free via iTunes (don’t forget to leave us a rating and review ) or the Stitcher Radio App
Join the conversation in our private Facebook Group: The Lions of Liberty Forum!