In today's episode of Lions of Liberty, Marc welcomes in professor of psychology, clinical psychologist, and highly requested guest by fans of the show, Dr. Jordan B. Peterson! Dr. Peterson has made headlines recently over his refusal to use prescribed gender pronouns in his classroom at the University of Toronto, finding himself in direct conflict with "Social Justice Warriors" and, quite possibly, Canadian law.
In the show, you'll hear:
- How Dr. Peterson's curiosity over why human beings enter into violent conflict led to his pursuit of the field of psychology.
- Dr. Peterson explains the recent controversy in Canada over Bill C-16, why he refuses to use transgender pronouns in seeming defiance of the law, and the implications for free speech.
- Why Dr. Peterson feels the best way to improve society is for individuals to take responsibility for improving themselves.
- A discussion of Dr. Peterson's view on religion, and why as a man of science, he contends that religious myths are "true", in their own sense, and how modern stories like Harry Potter and the Avengers have filled the void left through the modern rejection of traditional religions.
- PLUS!...Marc answers some more Letters of Liberty!
For full show notes, head over to LionsOfLibety.com/282