August 15, 2016
In today's episode of Lions of Liberty, host Marc Clair welcomes in Thaddeus Russell, history professor and author of "A Renegade History of the United States." This book is truly eye opening for anyone interested in politics and history, and we cannot recommend it highly enough!
In the show they discuss:
- Thaddeus' upbringing in a socialist household, how it shaped his views and eventually led to him historical research in the academic arena.
- The influence of puritanical thoughts in the United States, the connection between puritanism and capitalism, and how puritanical ideas still seep their way into American political dialogue today.
- How does Thaddeus find similarities in the teachings of both Martin Luther King, JR. and...the Klu Klux Klan?!
- Why Thaddeus Russell was fired from his job as a history professor for the crime of teaching American history!
- So much more, that it doesn't even all fit into this episode!
For full show notes, head over to Lions of Liberty!
Check out the podcast archive.